Portland Ten is a regional accelerator which offers high-intensity peer mentoring programs for early stage companies in the $0-$100K and $100K-$1MM revenue/funding range.
Started in early 2009, Portland Ten has seen successes including ShopIgniter’s $11MM venture capital funding, a $35,000 grant from Portland Development Commission, alumni who have doubled or tripled revenue (Orchestra Team, The Good, Night & Day Studios, ShopIgniter), and 5 companies who have exceeded the $1MM milestone within 12-18 months of graduating (ShopIgniter, Orchestra Team, The Good, Night & Day Studios, Architectural Applications & more in progress).
Portland Ten screens 300 companies annually and works with 50+ startups/year in the Sprint and Marathon programs, and partners with Oregon Entrepreneurs Network, the Technology Association of Oregon, NedSpace, Davis, Wright, Tremaine, and Stephenson Group. Portland Ten has completed special projects with the White House Business Council, Startup America, Mercy Corps Northwest, Willamette University MBA, the City of Portland, and been featured in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Portland Business Journal, Entrepreneur.com, SiliconFlorist.com, Oregon Business Magazine, and more.
Portland Ten In The News
- New York Times: Helping Start-ups with Local Support and National Networks
- Portland Business Journal: It’s "Portland Day" for the WSJ
- Wall Street Journal: Oregon’s Strengths: Capital, Talent, Infrastructure
- Sustainable Business Oregon: Social Venture Society raising VC fund, launches unconference
- NW Innovation: Portland Ten Claims Success
- Being Geek Chic: Lady Geek of the Week: Carolynn Duncan
- Webvisions, Panel Moderator: Business Innovation & Education Lab: "The Digital Future of Learning"
- Startup America: 16 Habits of Successful Entrepreneurs
- STARTO TV: Startup America Report: Carolynn Duncan of Portland Ten
- Startup Weekend Portland: Judges Panel
- Sock It To Me: Cool Girl of the Month, Carolynn Duncan
- Startup America: Team Development
- Lean CTO: Reflections of New Zealand’s Tech Startup Ecosystem
- Young Women Social Entrepreneurs: Support Services for Business in Portland
- SXSW Startup America Live: Office Hours Mentor
- Portland State University Impact Entrepreneurs: Guest Mentor Carolynn Duncan, CEO of Portland Ten
- Digital Journalism Camp 2011: Business for Bloggers
- Neighborhood Notes: Portland Business Incubators, Launching Solutions to Local & Global Challenges
- Startup Weekly: P10 Alumni, Ben Parzybok of Walker Tracker
- OregonLive: Orchestra Earns a Million in Six Months
- Silicon Florist: "Portland Ten Thinks Bigger, Plans Expansion to Become US 100 or Global 1000"
- Portland Business Journal: Portland Ten Dreams Big
- TEDx Portland: Special Considerations for Women Navigating the Venture Industry
- Portland Monthly Magazine: Gold School
- Read Write Web: Never Mind the Valley, Here’s Portland
- Mercy Corps Northwest: Portland Ten Offers New Education Series
- Lunch 2.0: CivicApps, Portland Ten
- SiliconFlorist.com: "Checking In On Portland Ten"
- OregonLive.com: Mayor Adams Pitches the Potential of Portland Software
- OregonLive.com at OSBridge: Mayor Sam Adams Gives a Shout Out to Portland Ten (watch here: minutes 12:48-13:50).
- Entrepreneur.com: "How to Spot Trouble On The Horizon: Changing Product Direction."
- SiliconFlorist.com: "We Have Ignition: Portland’s ShopIgniter Secures $3 Million in Venture Capital"
- Small Business Quarterly Report: "PDC Grant Boosts Startup Bootcamp"
- CivSource: "Portland Invests in Local Startups, Entrepreneurs"
- Portland Business Journal: "PDC Earmarks Startup Funds"
- SiliconFlorist.com: "Portland Ten Off To A Running Start In 2010"
- Oregon Live: "Portland Ten Wins PDC Grant"
- The Portlander: "Portland Ten Now Accepting Applicants"
- OregonBusiness.com: "Strike Up The Band"
- SiliconFlorist.com: "Portland Ten II: Your Bootstrapping Bootcamp Awaits"
- ReadWriteStart: "New Year’s Resolution: VCs Could Spend More In 2010"
- SiliconFlorist.com: "Incubating 10 $1MM Startups By 2010"